Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Song Titles Are Pushy

I was looking up a song and I realized how many of the songs on my iTunes begin with "Don't." So I thought I would compile a list:

"Don't Ask Me Why," Billy Joel
"Don't Back Down," The Beach Boys
"Don't Bring Me Down," Sia
"Don't Call It A Comeback," Motion City Soundtrack
"Don't Call Me Baby," Madison Avenue
"Don't Drink the Water," Dave Matthews Band
"Don't Eat the Yellow Snow," Frank Zappa
"Don't Fear the Word," The Remus Lupins
"Don't Forget Me," Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Don't I Hold You," Wheat
"Don't Know Why," Norah Jones
"Don't Leave Me," the All-American Rejects
"Don't Let Go," Weezer
"Don't Let Me Down," The Beatles
"Don't Let Me Down," Dana Fuchs
"Don't Let Me Down," No Doubt
"Don't Let Me Explode," The Hold Steady
"Don't Lie," Black Eyed Peas
"Don't Look Back (Demo)," Alex Day
"Don't Miss You At All," Norah Jones
"Don't Panic," Coldplay
"Don't Pass Me By", The Beatles
"Don't Phunk With My Heart," Black Eyed Peas
"Don't Point, Don't Scare It," Butterfly Boucher (a double whammy!)
"Don't Stay," Linkin Park
"Don't Stop," Fleetwood Mac
"Don't Stop Me Now," Queen
"Don't Stop the Rock," The Chemical Brothers
"Don't Think Of Me," Dido
"Don't Tickle Me," Dane Cook
"Don't Wait," Dashboard Confessional
"Don't Wait," Vaux
"Don't Wake Me Up," The Hush Sound
"Don't Worry About It," N*E*R*D
"Don't Worry Baby," The Beach Boys
"Don't You Know Who I Think I Am?" Fall Out Boy
"Don't You See?" DBGT

That's 37 songs that begin with the same bossy word. Only 19 start with "Do."

Anyway.

I read some books! So, to keep my list updated:

35. Twisted, Laurie Halse Anderson
36. The Picture of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde
37. In the President's Secret Service: Behind the Scenes with Agents in the Line of Fire and the Presidents They Protect, by Ronald Kessler

And right now I'm reading Chronicle of a Death Foretold, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

I have another cold. I felt better for a few days, but yesterday I woke up with a sore throat and by the time I went to bed I was using one tissue per page read of my book. Agh.

No comments:

Post a Comment